Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting up on the right side of the bed...

I'm not a grouch today. A good sleep fixed me up. My transportation issues got sorted out. Thank goodness. Yesterday I got to see the Observer and some friends for lunch. The company was sweet and the food was yummy - a double bonus.

I went to visit my parents for the later part of the day. Seeing their new puppy made me so happy. Her name is still not decided. Phoebe and Sophie are top contenders. Phoebe would be my choice, but she's not my dog. I'm so in love with her. She was bounding down the hall, which looks funny since she is so small. When I held her, she was so squirmy. She wants to chew everything. I think the puppy is going through oral fixation, just like babies do. I miss her. What if the puppy grows too fast and I'm not around to see her while she's little? I need to go home again soon.

I was grumpy to my family, which I regretted the second I left. They knew I was tired, but still. When the world is full of families, people like the Observer, coffee, lunch times with friends, puppies, good books, family meals, sunshine and love, what's a bit of tiredness?

- OCG

No comments: