Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I must choose a shoe...


I bought new shoes today. They are for warm, summer weather. I'm not sure if I am going to keep my new shoes. The summer is half over. Is it really smart to buy summer shoes now? Will I really get to wear them for long?
The Observer is pretty certain that I will return my shoes. He knows me well. I have a habit of returning many of my purchases. Before deciding on a purchase, I ask myself the following: Do I really need this? Do I really like it? Am I really going to use it? I want to be smart with my money and make practical investment choices.

I think I need more versatile shoes - a pair that I can wear during all seasons. Maybe I had to buy this pair of summery shoes so that now I know exactly what I am looking for, which makes buying them this afternoon worthwhile even if I return them. They say sometimes it's easier to know what we don't want as opposed to what we do want. Basic principles of life can apply anywhere, anytime. There is something to be gained from everything, even when it comes to choosing shoes. In my case, I have such a hard time making up my mind. Shoes are shoes - it's where we take them that counts.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

the ones you bought without me are cool to hun.

love u