Monday, July 14, 2008

Kindness, fog and sleep...


It's past 11:00 p.m. I'm feeling a little tired. You know when your body starts to slow down and your thinking gets fuzzy? That's where I'm at. I stopped by the drugstore quickly tonight to run a quick errand. Before even getting past the front doors, a lady asked me if I needed help. She was a passerby - not even a store employee. I love people like her. I was fine, but it was just a refreshing experience. In this big, smog filled city where people push and shove each other on the buses and sidewalks, there are still kind souls who are willing to take a minute and check to see if a stranger needs help.

I noticed about six police cars near the subway close to my apartment. Something was happening. Sometimes I am really curious and want to know details. That's human nature, I guess. There are other times when I'm glad the activities around here aren't so obvious. Maybe I'm naive, and live in a fog, but life has enough excitement between the time we wake up and go to sleep each day. They say what we don't know can't hurt us. There's some truth in that, but who can ignore the obvious without making a conscious choice to do so? I am getting sleepier as the minutes tick by. No matter how hard I try, I can't ignore my body, so goodnight.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I GET TRANSFIXED ON STUFF TO HUN.

LOVE U