Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The long way home...

I got lost today. I am used to it. My sense of direction has never been very sharp. I turned a different way than usual and the change threw me off. Living smack dab in the middle of the city means there are a lot of ways to end up having no idea where one is located. I don't even need options; I can easily lose my way. Thankfully, I rarely panic when wandering my neighbourhood - maybe because I spend so much time exploring. Wouldn't you think this would make it less likely for me to get lost? Sometimes I am even a puzzle to myself.

My afternoon turned out to be quite an adventure. I discovered just how big the city I live in really is. The sky looked suspiciously gray and I could feel my stomach start to get upset. Rumbles came from the sky and inside of me but both held out.

I believe we gain a lot from losing our way in the physical and spiritual sense. We learn things we may have missed if we kept along the familiar path. There is also a great feeling of comfort and confidence that comes with finding our way home.

Wherever you are, I hope you feel at home.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

adventure should be your middle name....I LOVE YOU