Thursday, July 31, 2008

My daily cup of frivoloulity...

I am sitting in semi-darkness. I am too lazy to turn on a light. While that is embarrassing to admit, it does conserve energy.

For the last three days, I have bought a Starbucks coffee. Being such a coffee lover, this doesn't seem all that shocking, right? Well, a cup of coffee is not something I try to make a daily purchase. I normally make my coffee since it saves money and ensures it's the way I like it. Lately though, I have been caving in and going for a house coffee with soy milk and two Splendas. I feel like a high maintenance coffee drinker just typing that. All three coffees have been a treat, even though I feel frivolous. I will probably have Starbucks tomorrow and then try to break my streak. Maybe I'll replace my coffee purchase with buying a different vegetable every day. It would be healthy and more practical. They do say that a moderate amount of coffee every day cuts one's risk of cancer by about thirteen percent. I doubt this statistic applies only to Starbucks coffee, but one can always wonder.....

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

DON'T BREAK UR STREAK UR THE COFFE QUEEN!!!