Sunday, July 13, 2008

What is crazy?

Do you think we are all a bit crazy? There are moments when I have to wonder. Sometimes I see people talking to themselves or screaming at no one. Are they crazy? Sick? Or crazy and sick?

When people are wearing winter coats now (in the middle of summer) I have to ask myself if they are nuts. It's just not normal to put on a coat when most people would freeze in long sleeves. There's a lady who I see on the streets who wears a surgical mask and swears constantly. That's abnormal, right?



One summer at camp, I witnessed a camper choke. He later passed away in hospital. For two months after camp, I was convinced I had something stuck in my throat and that I was going to die. Sounds a little whacked, doesn't it?



My best friend uses code names for people we know out in public because she is afraid they will be lurking nearby and overhear us. You think she might be a bit paranoid?


It's not too hard to be crazy, but going crazy is different, I think. Going crazy is gradually losing touch with reality. It's a process, whereas being crazy is short term and triggered by something in particular; at least I think so.

Everyone has little things that set them off, or they are particular about. We can all be driven a bit nuts sometimes.

Losing touch with reality is where the line between off and crazy is drawn, I believe. If I believe I'm the Queen, I'd say I'm in trouble, wouldn't you?

The fact that we all come from different places, feel differently, respond differently, love and cry differently makes us unique. Our little, hidden secret habits are what makes us who we are. Some may be strange, but maybe this is the closest some of us will ever get to becoming crazy. Maybe that's normal.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

IT ALL DEPENDS ON TIME AND PLACE OF WHERE YOUR LIFE IS.

LOVE U