Thursday, August 21, 2008

Creatures of mystery...


I saw something brown with a tail in the hallway outside of my apartment door. My brain didn't register that it was a living creature until it was gone. That was probably best for both of us. The type of creature is still a mystery to me, but just knowing that there was A creature at all gives me the creeps. I'm itching thinking it. On the way inside my apartment,I stayed by my automatic door until it closed completely. That was one fast critter and he or she is NOT welcome in my home....


I am listening to Oh by the Dave Mathews Band. I love the lyrics:

The world is blowing up
The world is caving in
The world has lost her way again
But you are here with me
But you are here with me
Makes it ok

I hear you still talk to me
As if you're sitting in that dusty chair
Makes the hours easier to bear
I know despite the years alone
I'll always listen to you sing your sweet song
And if it's all the same to you

I love you oh so well
Like a kid loves candy and fresh snow
I love you oh so well
Enough to fill up heaven, overflow,
and fill hell
Love you oh so well

And it's cold and darkness falls
It's as if you're in the next room so alive
I could swear I hear you singing to me......

It's another sunny day. I went shopping this afternoon. I hit up H & M and Old Navy. My wallet isn't any lighter, but I did come close to buying a pair of brown pants and a pink and red top from Old Navy. The top was long and that style works for me, as it hides my roll. After some pondering, I decided I didn't really need new clothes, especially now that fall is nearing.

Have you ever noticed that kids look cute even when they are sitting still, looking around? They don't have to do anything to be cute. They just are. They have no expectations like adults. They chill without worrying or thinking ahead. They take the present for what it is - now. It's refreshing and so appealing. Maturing means learning to plan and predict and some of us (me) have trouble stopping. When your mind is constantly working, it's difficult to enjoy the present. Being only partly "here" does have advantages - like when a furry brown creature is in front of your door and you're too preoccupied to notice.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE THAT TERM HIT UP LOL