Saturday, August 09, 2008

Drizzley..







A good friend is coming to stay over at my apartment tonight. I'm excited. It looks like it's going to be a nice day.


I'm looking out my window at a disheveled looking girl smoke a cigarette. It appears like she just got out of bed. Her hair is kind of hap-hazard and she's wearing running shoes and a skirt. To me, those don't go well together. Running shoes are casual wear and skirts are more fancy. There are exceptions, but it's a bit like not being caught in limbo between going out to dinner or to the park.

Lots of people I'm watching walk down the street are carrying a paper in one hand and a coffee in the other. I sometimes see the paper replaced with a cigarette. I just finished two delicious cups of coffee. They were perfect. The person who made coffee for me is a coffee drinker. I can usually tell because it tastes extra good.

I have seen a few little birds on the window-sil of my sun room. They are so cute. I enjoy watching them. I try to be still and not scare them off. They look so fragile, but I bet they are tough in their own way.

The sun just went back in. Now it's raining. Hopefully not for long. I see umbrellas and I hear the swish of car tires hitting the wet roads. I need to go out and run two errands. My paper towel supply ran out and I want to get a sweet treat for my friend. There is a funky candy shop down the street from my apartment, so I think I'm going to get her some Jelly Belly jelly beans. She's a candy girl, so she'll like them. Who wouldn't? There are so many flavours.

Well, I'm off to be drizzled on. It's worth getting a little damp for a good friend and some gourmet jelly beans.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

sometimes i think you should be called the observer