Saturday, August 30, 2008

Green things on my greens...

I am disgusted. I was just eating salad. I noticed a wee green bug crawling on my pants. It looked like a green beetle. I took a second to look in the salad bowl and noticed (with horror) more green beetle bugs. Isn't that gross? How many did I eat? Are they crawling around in my stomach? I am nauseous thinking about it.....



In a panic, I called my Mom. She told me not to worry, I won't get sick and to make sure my lettuce is washed well. I know that it's important to wash produce, but now I know exactly why. There are butterflies in my belly (along with creepy green things.) I am trying not to think of those bugs. What if they give birth to a whole bug family in my stomach? I am going to Starbucks. Hopefully I will be able to stop pondering these nasty additives in my salad. I usually love salad with pear, apple, cranberries, nuts or cheese added in, but those things don't move. I like my food to be still...

- OCG