Sunday, August 31, 2008

The magic of music...

I love the song called Carolyna by Melanie C. It's catchy and upbeat. The Spice Girls are not one of my favourite groups, so I am surprised that I like this tune so much. I first heard it on a late night video countdown show. Once I was hooked, I would crank it up whenever I heard it. Since it was often on the video countdown around 3:00 a.m, I hope my neighbours weren't woken up by my TV. It takes more than two or three minutes of a loud song to disturb some one's sleep, right?

It's sunny out this morning. I haven't been outside yet, but I think it will be a bright day. I am a bit grumpy. Sleeping hasn't been happening much for me lately, which could be due to my after dinner coffees over the last few days. If my insomnia is due coffee in the evening, I don't have a right to complain, because I know what to do to sleep better. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are too different things. When it comes to coffee, I rarely cut back for any reason.

I watched the show Top Chef when I went to bed last night. It was the first full episode I have watched all season. The contestants were brassy and rude, more-so than most reality cooking shows I have seen. I was glued to the TV and couldn't wait to see what would transpire. It's unfortunate that I didn't start watching the show at the beginning of the season. There was probably another show on at the same time , so maybe my late start is for the best. I already watch too many shows when I ought to be sleeping.

The song High And Dry by Radiohead was just on Yahoo Radio. I hiked up the volume. It's such an awesome song. Every time I hear it, I remember when I moved into my first apartment. My older brother would often drive me back from visiting my family since his girlfriend lived near by. The trip gave us a chance to talk and listen to music. His taste in tunes is similar to mine, so we would usually compare current favourite songs and artists. My brother loves High and Dry. He sings along and makes me laugh. I always enjoyed our trips back to city since I usually discovered new songs and it was a time for just my brother and I. Much has changed for both of us since. My brother is married, works full-time and now owns a home farther away. I moved, met the Observer and now take the bus back and forth to my family. Though life has changed, I love how music can bring us back to happy times in the past. It can also make the present more groovy, and who minds that?

- OCG

2 comments:

Lurker said...

I love Carolyna too, nice to see someone else who likes that song:). The Spice Girls have always been a guilty pleasure for me, but out of all of them I've always enjoyed Mel C. the most. I've always thought she had the most potential as a solo artist and I was right:). This song is actually one of many good ones from her 2008 album "This Time". If you get a chance you should listen to another song of hers called "Turn to You" it's got a very European dance sound to it but I think you'll enjoy it.

THE OBSERVER said...

thats why I love music soooooooooo much