Sunday, August 17, 2008

A night to remember...

I went home last night. The Observer and I had dinner at a restaurant nearby that is a family favourite. Hopefully the Observer enjoyed it. I did, but I always like having dinner with him. The restaurant isn't far from my parents so I thought we could wheel there. This way the Observer could meet our family's new puppy. Well, I wasn't totally sure how to get there. My sense of adventure is sharp; my sense of direction - not so much. The Observer knows that, once I get an idea in my head, good luck talking me out of it. I got us headed in the wrong direction but realized before we went too far. The Observer was getting nervous. He trusts me, but he knew I didn't trust myself. We somehow got to a landmark that told me we were going the right way. Sometimes it's better not to question how things turn out - just be grateful they do.

Our luck was short lived. We had to wheel across a very bumpy, unpaved road. When I'm nervous I laugh, so I went into hysterical giggling. I even wet myself, which is better than the Observer's or my wheelchair tipping. I was so overcome by nervous laughter, I couldn't drive my wheelchair. The Observer told me to ******* go! I was shocked. He has never swore at me, but I guess he was trying to stop me from being killed. I felt my purse drop from my lap while crossing a very busy street. A kind stranger got out of his car and retrieved it for me. Somehow no cars ran over it. I'm so glad, because my cell phone was in there.

We both made it home safely. The Observer didn't get to see my parents' puppy, but he did get dragged along on a crazy excursion - so crazy that he cursed and I went myself. It was definitely a memorable night...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

SORRY 4 THE OUTBURST....LOVE U