Friday, August 22, 2008

Sweet endings...

It's 11:40 p.m. Almost bed-time. Dinner tonight was fun. We ate at 8:00. p.m. I was VERY hungry. When I'm hungry, I get a bit snappy. I'm not proud of my snappiness. Unfortunately, the Observer must be used to my "before dinner grouchiness."

The weather stayed on our side, so we made it to the place that was our original first choice. I had salad with feta cheese and cranberries. My favourite aspect of the restaurant we choose is that their tables look as though they could be part of a cottage. The wood could be used to make a boat or dock. We had a nice view of the city. Being late, the sky was dark and the lights looked pretty. I had a side of banana bread and stole the two pieces of garlic bread that came with the Observer's pasta. I thought the exttra bread would be my dessert, but I ought to know myself better than that, because we ended up sharing an espresso mousse with chocolate biscotti. Sometimes there is no substitute for a chocolaty ending to a beautiful summer night.

- OCG