Friday, September 05, 2008

Bank business...


The sky is dark and gray. Rain is coming. I just got back from the bank. It was my first time going to this bank. The Observer and I discovered it on one of our evening "adventures" downtown. The Observer tried to help me make a transaction, but the lower bank machine wasn't working that evening. I made a mental note to return during business hours and make use of the teller service. I always feel safest going to the teller, probably because I'm an easy target for fraud. Actually, my only option during after hours is if the Observer helps me with the bank machine. I am too short to swipe my card and push the numbers. The Observer is lucky that he is tall. If the Observer ever doubts how much I trust him, I hope that he remembers that he knows my pin number. Trust doesn't get much more concrete.


There was a security guard at the bank who used a cane and limped when he walked. As I struggled to put away my bank card, he asked me if I needed help. I said no. He held the door open for me and told me to "Be safe" on my way out. I told him the same. Being so much younger, I hope that my comment didn't come across as patronizing. We all need to be safe, no matter how old, healthy, big small, loud, quiet, fragile or solid we appear. I hope he knew what I meant. Maybe I'll see him again and I'll say, "Be happy" instead.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

U ARE A KIND SWEET SOUL HOW CAN A COMMENT FROM U BE CONSIDERED AS OTHERWISE