Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bless my cell phone...





Caffeine induced insomnia hit me last night. I had a feeling it would, so I really have no one to blame but myself. The coffee I drank after dinner was butter pecan flavoured. I loved every sip and kept saying how good it was. As tired and puffy eyed as I am today, I would still say that coffee was worth a night of little rest. Sounds like the true words of an addict, right?

This morning I had a different attendant helping me with my morning routine. She is very sweet and when I see her, I feel calm and relaxed. She is a very conscientious worker. Somehow before she left, I asked for my purse, because maybe in the back of my mind, I was thinking of going out. She left and as soon as she was gone, I realized my wheelchair was on manual. I couldn't move. My cell phone inside my purse saved my life. I used it to call the attendant care office and ask for someone to come and rescue me. Without it, I would have been staring at my steaming coffee unable to do anything for an hour and a half. I am not a big cell phone user, but today I am so grateful I have it.

The Observer sent me a text message saying he arrived in Montreal safely. Hopefully he is having a good time. I will text him back later.

I am going home for a visit today. My Grandma is returning from her trip and is picking up my Grandpa. I am looking forward to seeing my family. I have wanted to bring home a sticky bun for Mom and Dad. If I feel ambitious, I am make the trek soon. The sun is shinning, so maybe going outside will wake me up. I feel draggy, but don't want to waste a good day dwelling on tiredness. There is too much to be happy over.

- OCG