Monday, September 08, 2008

Reflecting on big and small changes...

Being home with my family was fun, but I'm also glad to be back at my apartment. I miss my Mom already. I can't remember the last time I was home on a Monday morning. My sleep was top notch, which is always a great feeling.

The rain just started coming down lightly. I can hear faint tapping on the windows. We've sure had our share of rain this summer. I think it's been good for the grass, plants, and crops. Outside is getting progressively darker earlier in the evenings, which makes me sad. It means that fall and winter are coming.

My Mom and I talked about Christmas today. Since last year was so traumatic, we are a bit nervous about the one ahead. The plan is to shake up our usual traditions a bit. Whatever happens, the holidays will still be special, because we will all be together. No one will forget the shock of last year and maybe that's OK. For me, reflecting helps me realize how far Mom has come and how lucky we are that she is here to celebrate every day with us. I do have a habit of dwelling on the past, and that's not always healthy, but appreciating how life has improved is a good thing, right?

Last year at this time, my computer was operating on borrowed time. It was so slow and could only perform basic functions. My new computer is the Cadillac of the personal computer world, complete with all the bells and whistles new technology offers. I love it. A new computer is a bit of a materialistic improvement, but without it, how could I write about the things I am grateful for?

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

good stuff hun

miss u love u