Monday, September 29, 2008

Smelling my best...


Tonight I watched the season premier of ER on tape. I shed a few tears. The season started off sad with the death of a main character. The show is not returning after this spring. It's a worthwhile show, but I think it's time for the curtain to close for good. There are no plots left to write. ER is one of the only shows I watch that often makes me cry. Any book, show or song that brings me to tears must do something right. I don't cry for just any story or piece of creativity.

Tonight I went to Shoppers Drug Mart to stock up on toiletries. A store employee who looked my age offered to help me get me what I needed. I told her that I was looking for Dove Body Wash. There is a whole row of different scents of Dove Body Wash in different colours made of different things. When she asked me what kind I wanted, I told her that it didn't matter. She smiled and said "Of course it matters, you have to smell your best." I laughed and pointed to the bottle I always buy.

I hope I thanked that employee. In our three minute interaction, I knew she was kind and down to earth , the kind of person I look for as a friend. I could also tell she takes body odor control seriously and that she probably smells her best.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE UR QUICK ONE LINERS...I could also tell she takes body odor control seriously and that she probably smells her best.... AWESOME LOL