Thursday, September 11, 2008

Staring at a computer screen with funky peepers...


I don't feel like myself today. It's weird....my eyes are funky. Maybe I'm tired. Hopefully that's all it is. I did some work today, which I am pleased about. There's nothing worse than that nagging feeling that won't go away until I do what needs doing. I'm not finished, but I'm halfway there. Staying focused on a nice day is challenging. I know going out or doing something else would be risky, because once I turned my attention to other things, I would forget about my work.

Tonight I had a hankering to go out. It makes sense after staying in my apartment all day. I was starting to feel a little stir crazy. I went to the mall and wandered around until all the people and walls looked familiar because I was going in circles. On my way home, I stopped into Starbucks and bought a decaf coffee. The girl who served me must have thought I really need the buzz because of my half shut eyes. She was probably thinking, "Why isn't this girl getting decaf?"

Being September 11th, I hope that our world has learned from the past so the present is richer. May no one forget all we lost, so we can protect all we have. As I learned today, the simple freedom to go outside is a luxury we ought not overlook.

- OCG

No comments: