Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two best buds...

Do you have a best friend? Someone who you can sit and talk to for hours about anything? The person who instinctively knows what to do to make you smile? The one you call just because? The person who knows little things about you? Someone who isn't afraid to tell you that you are wrong? The voice of reason in your irrational moments? The shoulder you are comfortable crying on? The person you trust to tell you that there's a booger in your nose? Someone who will tell you the truth, even if it's hard to hear and be compassionate while it sinks in?

I have two best friends. If I had to pick just one, I'd pick a cup of coffee, because choosing between my two best human friends would be too hard. One is in India teaching and building a kick-arse photography portfolio. My other best friend lives a half hour away and works in day care and loves coffee too. One I met when I three years old- the other when I was nineteen years old. They are very different but they both love life. Each friend makes me happy to be alive and seeing both reminds me that great friends are great.

I just saw my local best friend. We spent four hours chatting at Union Station. The second we said goodbye, I started to miss her. I miss both of my best friends.

- OCG

1 comment: