Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Waiting...

Well, I just returned from an extended Thanksgiving with my family. The holiday was special, as they all ought to be. We celebrated with at my brother and sister-in-law's home with her family, a first for all of us. They are sweet, loving people and our families get along well. Given all my sister-in-law is going through, having both families together seemed right. All the food was colourful, festive and delicious, a big reason to be grateful. We learned that my sister-in-law will need fewer chemo treatments than originally planned, which is a huge gift. She is still the same person, but I look at her now and remember what life is about. It's about laughing and crying. It's about touching and having space to breath. It's about being together and being alone. It's about holding on and letting go. It's about trusting and feeling hopeless. It's about reaching out and maintaining privacy. It's about indulging and being selective. It's about being open and being straight up. It's about being grateful and wishing things were different.

Life is lived in polar opposite terms. One day may be white and the next could be black. Perhaps we survive only by waiting for black to turn to white.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I PRAY FOR UR FAMILY EVERY NIGHT AND HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY I LOVE YOU LADNERS.