Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Frank Franci...


There's nothing like having a coffee and chatting with an old friend. Today I met Franci, my friend from my old apartment building. Both of us have moved, but continue to talk and see each other occasionally. Franci is frank. She will say what she thinks. I respect her for being honest, because she isn't hurtful. Unlike my other friends, Franci isn't bubbly and extroverted. She is quietly sweet with an edge of sarcasm. There have been a few times where I have called her on being grumpy or negative and we're still buddies. Everyone is allowed to be grumpy now and then, but not for more than a day. When Franci woke up on the wrong side of the bed once, I let her be. The next day when she was still being a downer, I asked her if she was alright. She admitted she was cranky again. I told her to call me when she snapped out of her mood. She did.

We had such a fun afternoon, shopping, chatting, and sipping. Franci surprised me with a baby blue sweater. Every time I wear it, I'll think of her.

I was having a bad hair day. I felt off and like I didn't look my best. I asked Franci if my hair looked as ugly as I thought. She said no. I believed her. If my hair looked ugly, she would have said so. Isn't that what friends are for........sometimes?

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME