Thursday, November 27, 2008

Room for coffee...


All this talk about an economic recession is pretty scary. Politicians and economists are painting a pretty bleak picture of the next few years. They say if we're not careful, we could be in serious trouble. On the news, I hear experts in finances mention how things took a downward spiral quickly. I know the United States wasn't in the best condition, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised that Canada isn't far off. We are being advised to carefully watch our money and cut out expenses we really don't need. To me, that's sound advice.

It's important to be aware of what's going on in the world, but I don't want to become too concerned yet. I have always been quite careful with my pennies, so things won't change drastically. Coffee is my major vice. Going out with friends to shops and chatting over a cup is one of my favourite past-times. I'm headed to Starbucks tonight to meet a friend. If things get really tight, maybe my friends and I will start going to visit each other at home for coffee. We'll find a way to chat and have our coffee. When things matter, there's always room for them. We only live once.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

does that mean no more starbucks tradition on sat? :(