Monday, November 10, 2008

Stocking up...


My day was quiet. I did some writing and errands. There were big sales at Shoppers Drug Mart, so I stocked up on toilet paper, paper towels and shampoo. It's impossible to not need these things.

One of my attendants got under my skin. She is very innocent and acts without thinking. Her intentions are good, but sometimes she drives me crazy. Maybe I drive her crazy too. Some people just don't know better, so I guess the only thing we can do is forgive them.

My sleep last night was amazing. I went to bed with a sore throat and a gurgling stomach. The person who helped me that night was very compassionate and concerned. I wasn't in the mood for talking and I think she understood. Feeling a bit under the weather, I really appreciated her kindness. Opening my eyes this morning, I could feel the effects of such good rest. Being in a brighter state made it easier to handle the ignorant attendant this morning. Not everyone can be stellar material. When I first moved out and was adjusting to working with all different people, I would tell myself that a kind person was just around the corner. True or not, it helped me stay positive and still works. The world might be small, but it's full of every kind of person. As different as we are, we all need toilet paper and paper towels.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I wish I had the outlook on attendants that you do it would help me tremendously....love u