Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Warm and peace...


The weather was alright today. It wasn't too cold which is fine with me. The roads are wet from rain just like last night. When the daylight is gone, a little moisture doesn't bother me. The street looks a bit shiny. Rain is a good natural cleaner.



This afternoon I was early for an appointment so I went to Starbucks and got some coffee. There were no free tables. Drinking coffee outside on a cold day seems pointless to me. The cold will cool down the coffee before I get a chance to enjoy it. I am only speculating, as I have never risked the enjoyment of a cup of coffee in cold temperatures. Maybe I should try having a cup outside. Smokers stand in the dead of winter holding a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, but they are feeding two addictions, which gives a pretty strong drive. Instead of heading outside, I went to the rear of the store and drank my coffee holding it on my lap. No one said I was in the way. When a table was free, I read my book. It was a peaceful hour. How could I have felt this if I were out in the cold? Perhaps I would have had a peaceful few minutes, not an hour. Peace of any kind is good, but to feel it, I have to be warm...



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

MAKE A LOT OF SENSE OCG