Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Ian...

Happy Birthday! You are twenty six today. You're as old as me, so I won't say too much. Don't dish it out if you can't take it yourself, right? I hope heaven is still treating you well.........it feels like you have been gone so long. I think of you whenever The Simpson's are on TV or I talk to someone from TIP.


2008 was not the best year for my family. Mom had a heart attack on Christmas. Things took a bad turn very quickly. She pulled through and made it through a long, snowy winter. My family was so scared, but we are so lucky she is doing well.

Remember Shane's girlfriend, Katie? You liked her. Well, they have been married for a year and half. This summer, Katie found out she had cancer. After six months of chemo and radiation, she finished treatment on Friday. Both Mom and Katie remind me that life is good, even though it can suck. I said a lot of prayers this year. Maybe you have heard them. You are my closest connection to God. If you had an influence in making things turn out OK, thank you.....

I think of you often Ian. The world isn't the same without you. I miss your laughter.

Happy Birthday....

- OCG