Wednesday, December 31, 2008

f-f-f-f-freeezing...


It's so cold outside. The wind is bitter and hits your face in a freezing flash. It took my breath away. I went quite far to run an errand at a grocery store. I'm not sure why I picked one of the most wintery days to go a distance. Sometimes I don't think. I shake my head at myself. My purse fell to the ground a few times. Luckily, kind people were passing by and retrieved it for me.

On my way to the grocery store, I passed by a homeless shelter and some of the residents patted me on the shoulder and wished me a happy new year. I don't know why strangers, especially homeless feel free to touch me. When they do, I cringe. I am not a doll. I have never confronted anyone, but if they ever do more than pat me on the shoulder, I will give them a piece of my mind. I was so cold that I spent an hour in one spot trying to warm up. My arms and legs felt numb. My winter coat and mittens couldn't prevent me from freezing. The longer I was outside, the harder it was to drive my wheelchair. Snow started blowing making it hard to see. I was so happy to make it inside. The heater was jacked up. I usually leave it off, but I needed warmth. I told myself not to be adventurous and travel too far in cold weather again. I am deterred until the end of this year.
Happy 2009! May you be healthy, happy, and balanced in the year ahead.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOUR CRAZY BUT I LOVE YOU