Sunday, December 28, 2008

Flubbed up...


My plans for today got flubbed. Let me rephrase: I flubbed up my plans. The Observer and I were going to meet in his neck of the woods and check out Marley And Me or The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. Remember how I barely slept the night before last? I booked my bus leaving from the wrong place. If you book wheelchair transportation wrong, you either go to the wrong place or you don't go anywhere. I stayed home like a forlorn, lonely, downtown city goer. I was mad at myself for booking my trip wrong. I do it on an automated system and one wrong button is all it takes to end up on the opposite side of the tracks or to be going nowhere fast. I guess I was more tired than I thought. The Observer didn't point out that I made a mistake. I guess he thought that was a given.

To be honest and very personal, I spent most of the day on the toilet. If I did go to the Observer's neighbourhood in such a loose state, things could have been ugly. I am "laxified" (loaded up on laxatives) so I guess they had to kick in sooner or later. Maybe there was a higher power at work trying to save me from a messy day.

I watched a bit of The Sound Of Music, but wasn't intrigued enough to watch the whole movie. It's good, but I already know that the hills are alive with the sound of music. I tried to read The Choice by Nicolas Sparks. It's a light, feel-good romance that my Mom enjoyed. My gurgling, gassy, noisy, stomach made reading hard, so I gave up. I don't know why my stomach gets so loud. My insides often sound angry. One of these days, I am going to give birth to a frog. Such a weird miracle might explain all the gurgling. I don't know if I'll ever give birth to a child. Giving birth to a frog would be OK if it meant my funky noises would stop and I'd make a name for myself. The pregnant man would have nothing on the disabled frog mother.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

thats why I LOVE YOU YOU MAKE FFUN OF YOURSELF....YOU CAN'T HELP THE SITUATION SO MAKE FUN OF IT...

Lurker said...

Awww *hugs* we all have those days when nothing goes right, but at least you're able to find humor in it. That's often very hard to do.

Hope the rest of your day went better :).