Friday, December 12, 2008

Home for some lovin' and touch-uppin'...




I have just returned from visiting home. I miss my family already, especially Mom and Dad. It's been awhile since I slept in my childhood room. My bed is so soft, warm and comforting. It's familiar and safe. Part of my bed's appeal might be that I know my Mom and Dad are sleeping nearby. I know admitting this is childish, but most of us do feel safe around our parents, don't we? If we don't, that's quite sad...

I got my hair cut and highlighted. I am very happy with the way it turned out. There are blond streaks in my hair that give me a bit of flare. My natural hair colour is brown, so the blond adds a bit of depth. My Mom treated me to the cut and colour. She is such a sweet Mom. As we were leaving the hair salon, I told her how much "fresher" I felt. She reminded me that, "true beauty comes from within." I agreed, but said, "A little work on the outside can bring confidence to the inside." There must be some truth to this, because how else are plastic surgeons and make-over shows able to make so much money? I am blonder now, so we'll see if I have more fun.....I am tired now, so I am going to get some beauty sleep.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

its becaua people have such low self-esteem thats why they make sooo much cash. remember something ocg......we love you.