Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A movie you best watch holding tissue....


Tonight the Observer and I saw Marley And Me, the movie based on the best-selling book about a fun-loving, crazy, Labrador retriever who captures the hearts of a young couple (Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson) Anyone who owns a dog or is a lover of animals will be able to relate to the film. There are many realistically funny parts and others that show the challenges of marriage and parenthood. The ending is a bittersweet reminder that no pet (or living thing) lives forever. When the saddest part was coming, I knew I was going to cry from the inside of my soul. I tried to save myself and leave, but I couldn't push the door open with my wheelchair. I saw enough to begin sobbing until the Observer got some help with the door. After kindly following me out, I told him to go back and watch the end, because I needed to be alone. He understood. He always does.

If you've ever lost a pet, Marley and Me will hit home. Seeing Marley in the end of his life brought me back to the heartache of saying goodbye to a beloved dog. It's one of the most difficult things I've ever done. How do you say goodbye to your best friend forever? How is it fair that you have to?

Any movie that impacts me in this way is worth watching. Tears are part of life. Marley and Me got me thinking about my two other amazing dogs who are up in heaven. I miss them, but the pain of losing both was worth every second of happiness they brought me.

It's snowing now. The streets are getting whiter. My radio is playing upbeat tunes. I'm happy. I hope you are too....

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

IT QWAS A GREAT FILM BUT HARD TO WATCH I AGREE.