Monday, January 26, 2009

Sizing up the new girl at the family dinner table...

Last night my family had a fun family dinner. We often have dinner on Sundays. I look forward to the time to catch up and the food is always delicious. My oldest brother, his wife and the Observer were missing, but it was still loud and special. I ate like a horse. Mom's chocolate cake was sooo yummy, especially topped with vanilla ice cream. I had two HUGE pieces. Today I'm feeling a bit guilty about my over-indulgence, but trying to be forgiving. I sat beside my brother's new girlfriend. The more I get to know her, the more I like her. She is upbeat, sweet and funny. When she left last night, my brother-in-law said that "she is my twin's yang." I think he means that my brother's new girlfriend balances him out or they both balance each other out. I agree. My brother is reserved, so someone is an extrovert is good for him. He is also a person who has trouble asserting himself. His new girlfriend seems very certain of herself and I can tell that she really cares about my brother. She loves to eat, so I feel less shy about my love of food. So far, I'm impressed. As his twin sister, I feel compelled to watch out for my brother. We go back farther than anyone else I know...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

YOUR A GOOD TWIN LOVE

LOVE U