Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sushi with a side of TLC...

I had a bad day yesterday. Today is better - though it's still very cold. My plans to go home never materialized. I left the library in a big rush. Nature called and would not wait. Remember how I said my body would not cooperate? Well, it finally did in a big way. I couldn't travel on the bus to see my family, which made me sad, but at least I felt better. Once home from the library, I needed extra help from my attendants. The lady I had to deal with is challenging most of the time. In emergencies, she is very frustrating. Feeling slightly sick and very annoyed, I called my Mom. In seconds, she picked up on my gloomy mood and asked my Dad to visit me on the way home from work. I have to admit, seeing Dad did brighten my spirits. As is our tradition when he visits, we went out for sushi. As usual, I loved our time together. I forget how much I miss him. Just seeing his face comforts me. Part me wishes I could have been all brave and grown up and concealed that I was feeling under the weather. Sometimes I do, but on really yucky days like yesterday, it's hard. Both Mom and the Observer picked up on my feeling off, so I most have sounded rough. I know being mature means surviving days when we feel sick, but maybe sometimes, we all have days when we need a little TLC (tender loving care) from our Mom or Dad.

- OCG