Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Enjoying the day for what it is...

There's some yucky weather outside. It's half raining and half snowing. I guess you could say that it's "snowaining". My day has been good so far. No major troubles or complaints. People have been friendly, kind, and accommodating, which is always refreshing. The damp weather makes for a grey, sleepy day, but it's better than a big snowstorm. Last winter, the city got an influx of snow. We have had some this winter, but it's been spaced out. I think we had more freezing temperates this year.

While in a store today picking up some chocolate and computer supplies, I met some very kind strangers who helped me get things that were too high to reach. The cashier was very patient too. The grocery store was packed last night. Every line-up seemed to go on forever. There was nowhere for me to park without being in the way. Shoppers kindly told me to go on ahead of them - a gesture I appreciated but couldn't accept. Waiting is a way of life for me. I can be patient, so whenever possible, I try to practice behaving so.

I miss the Observer. We haven't seen each other in a while. With all the changes, phone calls, letters, meetings, reports and research surrounding the policies involving my care, social activities have gone on the back-burner. We could have seen a movie today, but I wasn't sure if I'd be free. It turns out that I am available, but it's too late now. This weekend will be fun as I get to see the Observer and my family. Hopefully the rest of the week goes by quickly.

Do you ever notice that when you have a good day, part of you wonders if the next will be bad? Isn't this thinking kind of sad? Shouldn't we enjoy good days for what they are? Why must we think ahead? Today I have seen such kind people who were both strangers and people I see often. Tomorrow morning, an attendant who has made my life very difficult will help me get ready for the day. Her presence in my home makes me want to scream. She is acting fake and sweet because she knows I am upset with her. If we have nothing nice to say, we shouldn't say anything at all, so I stay quiet. Silence can speak louder than words. I have no idea how tomorrow will unfold. Today turned out well, even without the sun shinning. If tomorrow isn't the greatest of day, maybe the sun will find me. I hope it finds you too.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

the sun finds me when I see you...I know cheezehead...