Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here I stand...

Well, I am breathing easier now. the policy that was causing me such stress has less of a hold on my daily life. It has been deemed safe for me to stand on my own two feet. Yay! My physiotherapist saved the day by speaking up for me. There were so many people that i felt very intimidated. everyone was friendly and helpful and had my best interest in my mind, but what a big deal for little, old me! If nothing else, I learned the importance of speaking up for myself. When it all became too much, I asked someone I trusted to speak on my behalf. I learned to rise above policies and let companies deal with rules that impact their staff, not me. I learned that some people will take complete control if we let them. We need to say no when something isn't right. People aren't rules. Everyone is different and ought to be respected for his or her differences.

I am a lucky lady who has a new appreciation for the ability to stand on my own two feet. Stand tall and proud wherever you are. I am going to do the same.

- OCG