Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Starting fresh...

Family Day was great. Riley woke me up by attacking me with kisses. I couldn't stop laughing. She loves salty fingers and sweaty feet. She took advantage of both on me. My brothers came to visit with their dogs. Between all of my siblings and our pets, we kept my parents' front door busy. My sister-in-law stopped by. Her hair is growing back and looks darker now. People who have gone through chemo say that hair changes when it grows back. She looks like herself only with a chic, dark brown bob.

I have been eating like a horse. Seriously. I consumed more food yesterday than I usually do in three days. I feel bigger, fatter, and my face looks wider. I ate....and ate....and ate last night. After coming back to my apartment from being home, I was sad and worried about the troubles with the new policies and how my care is affected. My home doesn't feel comfortable anymore. Every time I need help, I hesitate to ask. That's not a good feeling.

I don't know why I kept shovelling in food. The more I ate, the worse I felt. I am trying to start fresh today by eating very fresh, healthy food, but I still feel bad. I will be OK. I am healthy, the sun is shinning and life is calm. I overdosed on candy and cookies, but today is a new day.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

good way of thinking beautiful.