Monday, February 02, 2009

Sweetness and the best of life...

I visited the Observer and his family yesterday. Seeing everyone feels like I am going to my second home. My buses were late and I held everyone up. They were hungry, so I felt sorry for them. When I'm hungry, watch out! I'll bite your head off....
Dinner was a yummy pasta with vegetables and shrimp. The Observer doesn't like seafood. I ate his share and mine. Whenever I visit the Observer and his family, I eat a ton. I think they are surprised at home much I can pack in. The wine and espresso are my favourite parts. I tried white wine yesterday. It was sweeter than red, but i enjoyed it. For dessert we had the Observer's favourite Italian sweet bread. Each season has a different flavour. The Observer likes the chocolate one at Christmas while I prefer the Easter sweetbread made with sugar, vanilla and almonds. Italian traditions are comforting, even down to the types of sweetbread for each season.

The Observer's niece came over. I love that little girl. She sang and danced the The Sound Of Music soundtrack. I couldn't stop laughing watching her. Every song came to her. We played and I realized that's all little people often need from us. They want our time and to enjoy life with them. My body was pushed too far and I had a messy, frustrating trip home, but it was still a special day. Sometimes there is nothing to be done with a fed up body, so I couldn't let it ruin my fun. The Observer's niece is too good of a performer to miss.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I LOVE WHEN YOU VISIT BUT I HATE IT WHEN YOU ARE UNCOMFY.