Friday, February 27, 2009

Windy Friday...

It's a windy one out there. The morning didn't feel too cold, but all of a sudden, the temperature seemed to drop. The forecast said it would, so we can't be too surprised I suppose. We had a heads up, which should be "hold on to your hat". My mittens blew away before I could stop them. I looked up only to find them way down the street. A family friend gave them to me for Christmas years ago. They were green, fuzzy and warm, so I am a bit sad that they are gone, but I did get a lot of years of warm hands from them. I have many pairs of mittens, so it's not like I'm deprived. Watching something of mine blow away is a little sad, but my mittens will go on a new adventure that is probably more exciting than sitting in my apartment or warming my hands. Who knows where they will go.

I felt really awful last night and had to get to bed quickly knowing I was going to faint if I didn't. My attendant was helpful, but it was a yucky experience. Going to bed so early sucked, but at least I got there when I needed to. Like the night before, I watched a lot of TV. I tuned into The Food Network, Frasier, the News and Scrubs. Scrubs is new to me. It's a quirky, comedic, medical drama. Having only watched one full episode, I liked what I saw even though some parts seemed silly. I didn't get much sleep, but I am feeling OK. Maybe being out in the wind rejuvenated me.

The Observer and I are seeing a movie tonight. I'm excited. I hope we see a light, funny film. I need something happy and carefree to carry me into another world, but now I know to hold onto my mittens.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

i'm sorry the wind took ownership of ur mits and ur crappy night