Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chilly but bright...

I am cold. There is a chill in my bones. It's probably from going outside with slightly damp hair. My attendant this morning rushed, which is unlike her. Usually, she takes her time and is very calm. Maybe my attendant had something on her mind. The weather is pleasant, but slightly windy. The sun is out. Sunshine reminds me that spring is here.

On the news last, I was listening to talk of all the housing foreclosures in the United States. Poor people. Imagine having to walk away from your home? The notion seems so out of my grasp. Where do people go? If we don't have a home, how do we feel safe? My heart goes out to all of the struggling Americans. The Canadian economy is not in good shape, but we are better off than our US neighbours.

I haven't been doing as much reading as I would like. The Shack is still sitting on my kitchen table and I pick it up every other night. It's spiritual and makes me think, but it's not as though I can't put it down.

Mom bought me some mango/peach lotion from the new store Bath And Body Works. I tried it this morning and loved it. Body lotion isn't something I would normally get excited about, but this kind makes me feel good. A little pampering goes a long way.

I am excited to get my new glasses. My view of the world should be much clearer. In such a tumultuous time for everyone, clear vision is a good thing. Things around us might be rough, but by seeing our surroundings, maybe we can put them in a brighter light.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I AM GLAD UR HAPPY LOVE THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.