Thursday, March 26, 2009

Enjoying life while we're here...

I'm tired today. I feel a bit spacey. My body is craving sweet and salty foods. Maybe I just want to eat junk. This morning I didn't feel like doing much. I watched taped episodes of Oprah. There was a show talking about secrets to living longer. They mentioned calorie restriction as a way to increase longevity. People eat the bare minimum and only natural foods. While I think it's great that science can proof that eating less leads to living longer, who wants to live to a hundred years old and constantly be hungry? When I am hungry, I can't focus on anything but food. If I were eating only enough to sustain me, wouldn't this make me obsessed with food? I'm all for healthy eating and living well, but the whole idea of calorie restriction seems a bit extreme. Lately I have been trying to remember not to knock something until I've tried it, but I don't know if I'll be practicing such sparse eating.

I miss my Mom today. I feel like going to see her and having company. The Observer is working late tonight. We talked this morning and I was a bit short with him. (Sorry Observer.) We have some weddings coming up that should be fun. Spring and summer are popular seasons to tie the knot.

I am going to stretch with my physiotherapist later, so maybe that will brighten me up. Seeing him is healthy for my body and he's a good friend. Keeping my body in the best condition possible is important to me. That said, I think eating with some freedom matters. After all, we're here for a good time, not a long time, so what's the harm in the odd piece of cake?

- OCG

1 comment: