Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Monday!

My Monday has been marvelous. I sleep in late every week. My attendant care shedule worked out this way. I like it. Most people dread Monday mornings, but they are my favourite day. Maybe when I get a full-time job, I'll feel differently. I spent the morning on the phone and time passed surprisingly quickly. I realized that there is a funky smell in my apartment. I don't enjoy the smell of air freshener. The scent smells manufactured and fake. Years ago, I bought a box of chai tea and remembered that the smell wafted from the box in the cupboard for months. Chai tea is an Indian flavoured spice tea that smells of cinnamon and cloves. It's sweet and delicious. Coffee is always my first choice of hot beverage but chai tea plays a close second. I like to drink it with Splenda and sometimes milk.



When I came home from visiting my family last night and was hit with the funky odor, I wanted to buy a box of chai tea right away. I love the tea for its taste the the way the smell lingers. At the drugstore, my favourite customer service worker helped me find a box of tea and English muffins on sale. Good help and a good deal counts as a double blessing. I was so happy. I ripped open the box as soon as I got home and drank in the sweet Cinnamon scent. We'll see if the funky odor is replaced by the scent of cinnamon and cloves.

After having dinner with my family, I miss my parents. They want me to come home and pick up my new glasses, but I feel like I should wait until the weekend. Mom doesn't have scheduled shifts at work. They call her when they need her. If I come home and they phone her, she doesn't feel free to work.

We celebrated my sister-in-law's 29th birthday. Seeing everyone was fun. My sister-in law enjoyed herself. Her hair is growing back and looks like a puff. She makes fun of her puff and it makes me crack up. When the Observer was leaving last night, my Dad couldn't find the toque he arrived wearing. After the Observer left, we discovered Riley playing with it. That puppy gets her paws on everything. Just thinking of my sister-in-law's puff of hair and my parents' puppy is bringing a smile to my face. Words that begin with the letter "p" must have positive energy.

- OCG