Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I got my hair cut today. I decided to try out a new place right downtown. It's impossible to wash my hair when I go by myself since I can't sit in the hairdressing chair. I asked if I could receive a discount, but the woman said no. It was worth a try. She was soft-spoken and kind, which was an advantage. I tend to get a bit nervous when it comes to my hair. Once it's cut, we can't change our minds. I asked the hairdresser to chop about three inches off. I'm nervous that my hair is too short now. It's still long enough to put back in a ponytail, so that's a good sign. When I got home, I asked a hair savvy attendant to size up the damage. She said the cut was a bit uneven, but it looked OK. Hopefully, my attendant wasn't just saying so to prevent me from freaking out. If someone asked me my opinion on their haircut and it didn't look good, I'd have a tough time being honest. How can you tell someone that his or her haircut looks awful?

My hair was needing a touch-up. It was long and straggly. I feel better just knowing that it looks tidier, but we'll see how I react when it's down. Hair grows back, right? Many people have bigger things to worry about, so I guess I need to be grateful for a haircut, even if it is uneven and too short. The Observer is lucky. He's bald. I always tell him that I got some of the hair he was meant to have. Hopefully I can't still say that.

Today is my Mom's birthday. I realized too late that I should have made plans to see her. I miss her.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you.

She doesn't read my blog, but I can't not say happy birthday in writing. Birthdays are special and my moms warrants celebrating.

- OCG

No comments: