Thursday, March 19, 2009

A night at the circus...

Well, I learned not to knock something until we try it. I was pleasantly surprised by the Britney Spears concert last night. It was quite the show.

The opening act was the Pussycat Dolls. We missed their introduction while getting free vegetarian pizza from a family friend of the Observer. That guy ha sweet connections wherever he goes. The Observer's friend was supper sweet and helpful. Knowing where she was ahead of time and that we needed to leave the show to find her and get food, I figured it was better to miss a bit of the Pussycat Dolls instead of Britney. Hopefully the Observer agreed. We still saw their last two songs which are big hits right now. I'm not a big fan of the Pussycat Dolls, but they do know how to dance and entertain. Their music made me happy and that says something.

The Circus Tour started with a videoed introduction by celebrity blogger Perez Hilton. Given that he lives to trash famous people and seems fascinated by Britney's dysfunctional life, his role was fittingly ironic. The crowd went crazy when Britney came on stage and the lighting was amazing. It quickly became clear that the show was meant to mirror the ups and down of Britney's tumultous career. Being that the tour was called Circus, I guess I should have known there would be some theatrics. Funky performers and dancers with colourful, elaborate costumes kept my attention. Free-style dancers and bollywood type artists added flare. Being my first pop concert, I was impressed with the variety of music and versatility of performers. Britney herself was okay, but it was the entire show that I enjoyed most. I paid more attention to the crew and back-up dancers than Britney. The Observer was cheering at the top of his lungs. Seeing him so excited was the highlight of the night for me. The Observer knows how to enjoy himself and his free spirit rubs off on me. His yelling and hooting made me crack up.

I had a great night. The show was definitely impressive. Britney complimented her act by sharing the spotlight. I learned that I am not be a huge pop music fan, but creativity can make a great performance. I am glad I got to see Britney's show with her biggest fan. Sometimes it doesn't matter as much what we are doing - it matters who we are with.

- OCG

2 comments:

THE OBSERVER said...

I'M SOOO HAPPY THAT YOU HAD A GREAT TIME HUN. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THAT.

LOVE YOU

THE OBSERVER said...

I'M SOOO HAPPY THAT YOU HAD A GREAT TIME HUN. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THAT.

LOVE YOU