Friday, March 06, 2009

Sunshine...

It's a beautiful, sunny day and it's Friday, which is a double bonus. People appear happier, but maybe that's only my observation. No one is rushing to get out of the cold or frantically running across the road to escape the wind. It's refreshing. I went out this morning to pick up medication. I let myself run out, which wasn't very smart. Who knows if something unexpected were to happen and I couldn't get to the store. Yes, it's an unlikely scenario because I'm young and healthy, but anything can happen, right? My Mom always tells me, "Why put off doing tomorrow what we can do today?" She's right.

After finishing dinner last night, I had this overpowering urge for a strong cup of coffee. I tried to fight it. I read. I brushed my teeth. I tried to watch the news, but I couldn't shake the need for caffeine. My head was starting to hurt a little and that's a sure sign that I could use a good dose of joe. Knowing there was no use resisting, I headed over to Starbucks for my fix. Sweet relief came with the first sip. I felt the familiar surge of rejuvenation in my bloodstream as my head clearned and my craving subsisted. Later that night, I couldn't sleep, but I wasn't surprised. I was happily high on coffee.

This morning I had to stop reading Marley And Me. My tears were making reading difficult. I'm getting close to the end and it's breaking my heart. Maybe I'm more of a dog person than I realized. I'll get to the ending in my own time. Books are patient.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

caffine fixes all, I love you.