Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Damp, sleep, and a headache...

It's a rainy Wednesday. Outside feels damp, dark and dreary. We must be having pre-spring weather. My apartment felt humid when I woke up this morning. My bones feel a bit achy and sore. I'm getting old. Sleep was hard to come by. Maybe I had too much caffeine. Since buying chai tea, I've been having a cup each night. It's a ritual that I really look forward to, but maybe it's not worth losing sleep over. I discovered that the "sleep" button on my remote automatically shuts off my TV at half hour, one hour and two hour intervals. I've known about this feature for a while, but didn't utilize it until now. I feel better about waking up with the TV off.



I hung out with the Observer at the mall yesterday. Our plan was to see the new animated movie Monsters And Aliens, but timing and our transportation didn't correspond. We spent a few hours chatting. The Observer treated me to a coffee from Tim Hortons. Since it's Roll Up The Rim, I like to go to Tim Hortons as much as possible. My cup yesterday was not a winner, but my coffee was extra good.



I almost left the mall forgetting that I had the Observer's book and toque from our family dinner in my back-pack. The Observer remembered. The taxi driver was kind and helped us exchange the hat and book. The driver rolled down the window so the Observer could wave goodbye to me. He was thoughtful. During the ride home, a headache came over me, but I tried not to focus on it. By the time I got home, it was worse. I drank water, took ibuprofen, had some tea and yogurt, and watched TV for the rest of the night. I'm lucky that my headaches come on strong, but don't last more than a day. If we have to have a headache, at least some are short-lived. There's a joke that says, "Family members can be headaches that last for ages. Thankfully, I don't have those kind - just a little pain that can be easily cured with painkillers and rest. If only life's other ailments were so easy to cure...

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THANK-U FOR MEETING ME LOVE, I HOPE UR HEAD IS BETTER...

LOVE U XXOOOXXX