Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter rewind...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. It was over so fast, wasn't it? Easter was fun. I stayed with my family on Sunday. I arrived a bit later than I wanted to, but at least I got there. My brother's new girlfriend was just on her way to her own family dinner when I showed up. There was enough time for me to wish her a "happy Easter" so that's what counts. My favourite part of Easter is eating off of china plates and drinking out of china cups. Mom only brings her china out for holidays. It's white with little blue and purple flowers. I think all china is pretty. If I have my own china, I will use it every day. I know people don't because China is expensive, but we only live once, right? Shouldn't every day be a reason to celebrate? What's the purpose of owing pretty china if it stays in a cabinet and never gets used? We need to live for today. It's all we have.



Our dinner was delicious. Mom cooked a turkey and we had lots of fresh vegetables. My sister made yummy cranberry sauce. I loved it so much, I could have drank it. The Observer loves cranberry sauce as much I do. As I drenched my plate full of the red, sugary sauce, I couldn't help but miss him. The Observer had a great Easter with his family. I was sorry that we didn't see each other, but it's impossible to be in two places at once.



Both of my brothers had to work so we rushed a little. Saying goodbye to them made me sad. I brought two bottles of carbonated water to have with dinner. Mom doesn't drink wine. As the cook and host, I wanted to bring a beverage Mom would like and feel good about. Mom loves any fizzy drink, so the carbonated water was a hit. The Observer's family drinks a lot of carbonated water, so that's where I got the idea.

I ate about four times what I do on an average day, but it was a special occasion, so I'm trying to let it go. Yesterday I picked up my new glasses. I can see the world much clearer. I feel fat, but with my new perspective of the world, I'm encouraging my eyes to be forgiving.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

THE POINT IS THAT YOU HAD A GREAT HILIDAY....I MISSED YOU THOUGH.