Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday with friends...

Today it feels like I swallowed a frog. My stomach is making loud, gurgly, gassy, noises. I'm grown accustomed to these sounds. Lately, I've gotten a bit of a break. It's been great. Talking to the Observer about my break from stomach troubles last night, he pointed out that nothing lasts forever. He's right. Feeling well is a blessing. If all I have to worry about is a frog in my stomach, I really can't complain. I downed two cups of coffee this morning, so the frog has lots of liquid to swim.

Have you heard the song Kiss Me Through The Phone by Solider Boy? I heard it a while back and it has a catchy rhythm. I'm not usually a fan of pop, boy band type music, but I like this one. For a while I've been meaning to tell the Observer and finally remembered last night. He laughed. When it comes to music, the guy is an expert on the most recent music. Out of all the people I know, he had to have heard Kiss Me Through The Phone. It's easy to tell friends that we favour a certain genre of music, which almost everyone does. Our tastes tend to gravitate to one style, but every once in a while, a certain song will appeal to us that doesn't fit into our typical taste. When I enjoy a pop tune, I am reminded that when it comes to music, we are free to enjoy whatever sounds good.

I miss the Observer today. If I could, I would love to hang out with him tonight. Earlier this week, I made plans to meet my best friend at Union Station. Her mother recently had surgery and she could probably use a good listener. My friend gets hurt if plans change. She is super sensitive, so I know I need to honour our plans. The last time we talked, she said she was exhausted from doing all the household work her mother normally did. My friend is also looking after her Mom while she heals. I think my friend was letting off steam. Her plate is full right now. Part of me wanted to tell her how much I wished I could take care of my Mom following her heart attack. Watching Dad and my siblings hold down the fort, how I wished I could help out by doing a load of laundry or running the vacuum. I decided to tell my friend to view now as a gift. She needs to feel grateful that she can care for her Mom and that her Mom is in a position to accept help. Hopefully my friend understood what I was trying to say.

It's beautiful out. The Observer is spending time with friends today. Though I wish I could see him, I know he will have a fun evening. The sun is shinning on his side of the city too, so that's what counts.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

lol I MISSED YOU TOO...BTW ITS SOULJA BOY AND THER NOT A POP BOY BAND THERE MORE R&B HIP HOP TYPE STUFF...I AM HAPP YOU LIKE THE SONG THOUGH.