Thursday, April 09, 2009

Living life up...

Easter is coming up soon! I love Easter. I think knowing that spring is around the corner makes me happy. Plus, any reason to gather with family and share a delicious meal is a good time. Again, I couldn't sleep well last night. I don't know why top notch sleep is so hard to come by these days. I am drinking more coffee, so maybe that has something to do with it. Coffee is just so tasty though.



My best friend and I met at Starbucks yesterday. It's been a while since we've seen each other. She has been travelling through Africa and India. That girl doesn't sit still for long. My friend takes full advantage of every opportunity life offers. I admire that in her and she inspires me to do the same. We did talk about her travelling adventures, but mostly focused on our lives now. Seeing her serves as a reminder that I am not alone when it come to the issues I am grappling with. We always connect in a way I have never shared with anyone else. Each person in our lives serves a different purpose, I suppose. It will probably be a while before I see my friend again. Life gets busy, but we manage to pick up exactly where we left out. It's comforting to be able to count on that understanding, especially when my friend is halfway across the world.



My visit with my friend was short as I met with my psysiotheraphist. We did stretching and that always relaxes me. He wanted to do some work using the new pole installed in my bedroom. Me - not so much, but I wasn't going to argue with the guy. His job after all is to keep me in tip top shape. The pole forces me to use muscles I haven't used in a while. Physically, it's probably good for me, but it's hard to tolerate. My psysiotheraphist knows this and was understanding. Afterwards, he asked if I was tired. "Ya think?" I joked. Exhausted and hungry, I ate two English muffins and salad for dinner. My body was craving carbohydrates. Needing to do something relaxing, I watched the series finale of ER. It was as good as all the other episodes. The curtain closed in high style.

With all of that activity yesterday, I ought to have slept better. Today is the four year anniversary of the day the Observer and I started dating. We are going to share a special meal and spend time together. I'm excited. I miss him. Maybe I was too excited to catch some high quality shut eye. Special days like anniversaries and holidays are sometimes worth a little lack of sleep. Life is meant for living, loving and celebrating, so that's what I'm going to do. Wherever you are, enjoy yourself!

- OCG

1 comment: