Monday, April 27, 2009

A travel-family- food- fun-filled day...

I''m exhausted today. I couldn't sleep last night. I stayed awake feeling hot, sweaty and frustrated as the hours ticked by. Luckily, Mondays are the morning where I get to sleep in the latest. It's beautiful outside. I got some bus tickets and stopped for a cup of frozen yogurt not long ago. I am still tired, but my spirits are a little brighter. It's hard to stay miserable on a day when everyone is out smiling.

The confirmation reception I went to yesterday was fun. Everything worked out smoothly with transportation. I had just enough time to grab a coffee between catching buses. I was the first person to arrive at the banquet hall. The servers were kind and kept offering me beverages. I arrived holding a Tim Horton's coffee. Hopefully they were OK with that. I met the girlfriend of the brother of the Observer's cousin. (What a complicated explanation!) She came without her boyfriend and I thought that was funny. Personally I'd never go to a function for the Observer's family without the Observer. Italians treat most friends like family, which is wonderful. The Observer's cousin who was confirmed looked beautiful in a long, white dress. She had a blast playing with her cousins. The food was amazing. Each course was better than the one before. I ate everything except steak. The Observer's mother made this intricate mini cupcakes that looked too good to eat. She is an amazing baker. we received little white dishes for bonbonaires. I put the dish on my living room end table and will remember the day years from now.

Exhausted after coming home, I called my brother and wished him a happy birthday. I missed seeing him. Choosing between seeing two amazing families isn't really a hardship; it's a double blessing.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

glad you had a good day