Saturday, April 25, 2009

Two special events...

Spring is in the air today. People are wearing shorts and are out and about on the street. For a Saturday, it's a good deal. I went to the drugstore to buy gum. I'm trying new teeth whitening gum. I'm not sure if it's possible for gum to whiten teeth, but what harm could it do, right? So far my teeth don't look any whiter, but I've only been chewing the gum for a week. It tastes like regular gum. We'll see if it works like it too.



I couldn't sleep last night. After five cups of coffee, I shouldn't be surprised. I was having one of those days when I needed coffee. Since my friend's Mom had surgery, I have been wanting to get her a small gift to let both my friend and her mother know that I am thinking of them. They like good quality, fresh products, so I picked up some bagels from the St. Lawrence Market. It's hard to go wrong with top-of-the line bagels, I figured. As I always do at the St. Lawrence Market, I took my time looking around. I sampled peanut brittle and jam on crackers. The vendors who sell their products at the kiosks are very friendly and helpful. It wasn't long before I ran out of time and headed to Union to meet my friend. I wanted to get flowers for her Mom but wasn't sure if they would survive the trip, so opted to wait. Once at Union Station, I bought my friend's Mom a single white rose. Hopefully it survived the trip home. Too bad flowers aren't a bit more portable. I would buy them more often if they lasted longer.



My evening with my friend was fun. I was glad to see her. We went exploring around an underground shopping mall where we sampled free chocolates from Laura Secord and Godiva. Both stores make delicious products, but Godiva has the upper hand if you ask me. We had Subway for dinner. Just to mix things up a bit, I had a salad with ham. The change wasn't wise. I love salads from Subway, but the ham made it too salty and processed looking. If I'm going to eat a salad, I like it to look and taste fresh.



Once home, my mind was buzzing. Before bed, I also had a cup of tea, which probably didn't help calm. Though I missed the Observer, I was glad I got to have a heart-to-heart with my friend. Tonight I am meeting the Observer and his friend. Later the Observer will come over and we'll probably watch a movie. I'm looking forward to hanging out with him.


Tomorrow I am going on an adventure. It's the confirmation of the Observer's cousin. The reception is in Woodbridge - or as I like to call it - "Italian Town." I am taking two buses to get there. I've never crossed those two regions before, so cross your fingers that everything goes smoothly. It's the same day as my oldest brother's birthday dinner. I am missing the celebration, which makes me sad, but I committed to attending the confirmation first. If I miss a bus or end up on the other side of town, I'll know it's fate remembering me to always make family my first priority. Most times I do, but the chance to see the Observer and have this adventure is too good to miss. I'll miss my brother of course. If only I could be in two places at once. I suppose it's a blessing to have too many places to go rather than too few, especially when both events involve eating cake with great company.



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

BOY YOU HAD A BUSY DAY