Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lonely, but grateful for peace..

Well, I don't have to worry about going to the dentist for another nine months. I love that! There are a few wee cavities in my mouth that will be watched, but no reason for fillings yet. Here's hoping my teeth behave. Cross your fingers - or maybe I should say, grit your teeth. Lying in the reclining dentist chair was oddly relaxing because I am exhausted. Being the first night that my brother, his wife, and their golden retriever, Brophy moved in, no one slept well. The two dogs of the house had trouble settling down for sleep. They hissed, howled and hopped most of the night. I know my parents' dog, Riley will adjust. She needs time. Everyone does, but it will be OK.



The Observer surprised me with a silver necklace with my name on it yesterday. He's something I tell you. I joked that, when he is eighty years old and forgets my name, I will point to the necklace to remind him who I am. Who knows? Maybe that will actually happen. Thinking about it makes me laugh.



I am a bit sad to be back at my apartment alone. On the upside, I am tired and at least I won't have to listen to the dogs work out their differences tonight. Being the sole lady of the house often means a peaceful sleep, which is a bonus.



- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

I WANNA GROW OLD WITH YOU.