Friday, May 08, 2009

Sunshine and the market...

It's a gorgeous Friday. The sun is out in full force. Summer is saying, "Hey, I'm here." This morning I went to the St. Lawrence Market and picked up bagels for Mom and Dad. The market was packed. Being lunch hour, I shouldn't have been surprised. There are often school tours when I stop by on Friday. The market is a pretty cool place to come for lunch. There is no shortage of food choices. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with options of what to buy and eat that I end up coming home empty handed. Looking around is still a fun experience, especially on a sunny day. The kiosk where I bought bagels from always has free samples. Since I bought two dozen bagels, I figured that it was OK to take two bagel bites. The people selling bagels are always friendly, so I feel good about giving them my business.

Last night I had a good workout with my pysiotheraphist. I ache all over, but I know it did my body good. My pysiotheraphist kept asking if he was hurting me. At the time, I could tolerate the stretching, but a few hours later, I felt like a whiny, old woman. Complaining to the Observer, he probably couldn't wait to get off the phone with me, even though he was very sympathetic. I couldn't wait to go to bed. My sleep was five star quality. Our bodies sometimes do what they must. I am trying to remember that stretching so aggressively was good for me. It's a bit like me and milk. I'm not a big milk drinker, but I try to incorporate it into my diet because it's healthy. Unlike stretching however, there is no painful side effect, just a milk moustache. Who doesn't enjoy one of those now and then?

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

BAGELS AND STRETCHES ROCK