Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taking chances over coffee..

I am still having stomach issues, but I knew I would. Somehow being prepared for what lies ahead makes it easier to handle. The weather is beautiful, breezy and sunny. I'm trying to focus on good stuff.



Mom called this morning while driving her best friend to an appointment for a colonoscopy a very invasive and uncomfortable bowel test. I've never had one but I know people who have and everyone says they are no fun. I'm glad I have never had to endure a procedure that so many people agree is awful.



Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Starbucks to get a coffee. Feeling uncomfortable, I wasn't sure how long I would last before needing to get home to the washroom. Sitting at a table with my coffee, I couldn't overhearing a middle-aged man and woman on what sounded like their first date. The more I eavesdropped, I learned that the two had been chatting online. The woman was Scandinavian and had broken English. She was leaning in close to her male companion. Maybe she liked him. Both talked about coffee, work, their heritage and families. I had to rush home before seeing how the date ended. Call me nosey, but I wanted to see if there would be any physical contact between them. My stormy stomach wasn't going to cooperate. The gentleman seemed kind and thoughtful and the woman didn't say much. Personally I am not a big believer in online dating. In my experience, searching too hard for something or somehow doesn't bring what we are hoping for. If we are meant to be with a person, we'll find each other without the use of dating services. Hopefully the two who met in Starbucks had an enjoyable date. If nothing else, they chose a shop that serves great coffee.

- OCG

1 comment:

THE OBSERVER said...

DAMN STOMACH THINGS YOU OVER HEAR AT A COFFEE SHOP QUITE INTERESTING EH?